About Caliper Foods
Caliper Foods, formerly Stillwater, (caliperfoods.life) is a consumer packaged goods company that offers safe and standardized hemp-derived soluble cannabinoids to both consumers and manufacturers alike.
Caliper Foods encompasses two distinct business lines: (1) Caliper Commercial Ingredients, which provides soluble CBD ingredients at scale to food, beverage, supplement, and other CPG manufacturers; and (2) Caliper Consumer, which sells its own line of CBD-infused products nationwide.
Caliper Foods was founded in 2015 on the belief that cannabinoids, especially non-psychoactive compounds like CBD, are a major new category in functional ingredients.
About the Job
We are looking for a Small Business Sales Manager to develop a strategy to drive growth through independent small businesses starting in Colorado and growing Nationwide.
As our Small Business Sales Manager, you’ll target & secure new independent accounts by building relationships and utilizing sales data to manage, develop and serve existing accounts. We expect you to be someone who gets their hands dirty, but also knows how to marshal the resources required to accomplish complex undertakings (e.g. find ways to identify and convert new account opportunities for the business).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Target & secure new small business accounts & independent retailers
- Manage important pathways to secure final sale & returning business
- Plan, execute, & attend wholesale/small business trade shows
- Analyze small business/independent retailer data and work towards aligned KPIs
- Quick to problem solve/creative thinking to continue to bring in new business growth
- Work with Marketing Manager on marketing material dedicated to small business channel
- Explore distributor and broker networks to scale business nationwide
What we’ll love about you:
- A process-oriented problem solver who can manage complex situations without panicking
- Enjoys the challenge of initiating new sales relationships
- A team player with a distaste for mercenaries
- An organized, proactive nature that loves building systems and tools
- An emotionally mature adult who prefers to work with other emotionally mature adults
- An inquisitive, curious nature that views ignorance as an opportunity to learn or teach
- A willingness to admit error quickly and move immediately on to improvement
- A clear communicator in any format
- Excellent time management skills
What you’ll love about us:
- A fast-growing company with a deep belief in the value of developing talent internally from within
- A group of sane, mostly rational executives who try their best to be decent human beings
- An environment where fire drills are the exception, not the norm
- Flexible PTO for all full-time employees
- Competitive salaries for all roles. For salaried employees, we also cover 100% of your healthcare premium
- For more details on the culture we foster, visit: http://bit.ly/2F5zhPt
- A 4 year degree (BS/BA) is required
- Experience with a start-up company is preferred
- 3+ years prior experience in selling to small businesses/independent retailers
- Strong communication skills and able to build relationships
- Able to work on the road and be accountable for ones time and workload
- Experience working across sales, operations, analytics and category roles and the ability to drive sales
- Ability to accurately forecast and predict business results
- A minimum of 40% travel, including overnights and possibly weekends, required
Caliper Foods is committed to creating and celebrating a diverse work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and hire solely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.