About Caliper Foods
Caliper Foods (caliperfoods.life), formerly Stillwater, is a consumer packaged goods company that offers safe and standardized hemp-derived soluble cannabinoids to both consumers and manufacturers alike.
Caliper Foods encompasses two distinct business lines: (1) Caliper Commercial Ingredients, which provides soluble CBD ingredients at scale to food, beverage, supplement, and other CPG manufacturers; and (2) Caliper Consumer, which sells its own line of CBD-infused products nationwide.
Caliper Foods was founded in 2015 on the belief that cannabinoids, especially non-psychoactive compounds like CBD, are a major new category in functional ingredients. For more details on the culture we foster, visit: http://bit.ly/2F5zhPt
The position is full time with potential for overtime. This will be a day shift M-F 8am-5pm schedule to start but as business grows hours could change to meet business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide basic maintenance across two production facilities, with the ability to be flexible around production schedules
- Responsible for establishing and adhering to a maintenance budget
- Schedules and records PM’s for maintenance and quality program needs
- Implementation of new PM’s with the addition of new and used equipment
- Assist the R&D and Process Implementation team with set up of new and used equipment
- Develop systems to help other departments understand and perform simple maintenance procedures during off hours
- Maintain an inventory of replacement parts and equipment to facilitate timely repair and replacement of equipment
- Must be over 21 years of age and possess, or have to ability to obtain, a MED badge
- Strong mechanical aptitude: experience in PLC systems, VFD controllers and electrical (A/C, D/C) required
- Previous experience in food manufacturing, sanitary welding, HVAC and refrigeration a plus
- Able to stand for 8 hours at a time
- Must read and write in English.
- Strong attention to detail, can follow directions as well as possess creativity to come up with out of the box solutions
- Must be able to work in a safe manner and follow Good Manufacturing Practices at all times
- An excellent communicator with strong problem solving skills
- Must be reliable and have a positive attitude, must be able to stay cool under pressure
- Able to lift 55 lbs or more on a regular basis
What we Offer:
- Competitive pay
- A dynamic, flexible environment in a fast growing company
- A casual and productive environment
- Potential to grow your role and responsibilities.
Caliper Foods is committed to creating and celebrating a diverse work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and hire solely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.