About Caliper Foods
Caliper Foods, formerly Stillwater, (caliperfoods.life) is a consumer packaged goods company that offers safe and standardized hemp-derived soluble cannabinoids to both consumers and manufacturers alike.
Caliper Foods encompasses two distinct business lines: (1) Caliper Commercial Ingredients, which provides soluble CBD ingredients at scale to food, beverage, supplement, and other CPG manufacturers; and (2) Caliper Consumer, which sells its own line of CBD-infused products nationwide.
Caliper Foods was founded in 2015 on the belief that cannabinoids, especially non-psychoactive compounds like CBD, are a major new category in functional ingredients.
About the Job
We are looking for a Buyer to assist with the tactical, and operational sourcing across all of our business lines. This role will run point on all supplier relationships, maintaining inventory systems and manage and track our company purchases while mitigating supply risk. We strongly believe that good process creates good outcomes. As such, this role’s primary responsibility will be to cultivate excellent procurement process so we can grow successfully.
To succeed in this role, you must be the type of person who can jump right in without getting flustered. You should be organized, process-oriented, and comfortable saying “I don’t know the answer, but let me find out and get back to you.” And then you should always get back to them. At the same time you must be comfortable navigating uncharted waters in an emerging industry that lacks standardization.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for purchasing all ingredients, raw materials, supplies (production, warehouse and office) and equipment at the most favorable terms for the organization
- Qualify vendors, request and evaluate bids/quotes, and negotiate prices, shipping and terms for purchases
- Track purchases, monitor vendor quality, and maintain a current database of vendor information
- Responsible for creating the most favorable shipping process to minimize landed costs
- Responsible for maintaining proper inventory levels for the organization
- Work with detailed historic reports to determine order quantities, process new purchase orders, and amend generated orders to meet requirements
- Responsible for inventory control management activities including implementing process enhancements to streamline the replenishment function
- Track purchase orders and deal with delivery and stock issues
- Prepare, verify, and place purchase orders based on business requirements
- Monitor inventory systems to maintain inventory levels and availability
- Resolve issues related to inventory returns, replacements, and credit arrangements
- Proactively involve senior staff with stock out status and corrective action
- Take lead of inventory management functions (demand planning, managing inventory counts, determining reorder points, etc.)
What we’ll love about you:
- A process-oriented problem solver who can manage complex situations without panicking
- A team player with a distaste for mercenaries
- An organized, proactive nature that loves building systems and tools
- An emotionally mature adult who prefers to work with other emotionally mature adults
- An inquisitive, curious nature that views ignorance as an opportunity to learn or teach
- A willingness to admit error quickly and move immediately on to improvement
- A clear communicator in any format
- Excellent time management skills
What you’ll love about us:
- A fast-growing company with a deep belief in the value of developing talent internally from within
- A group of sane, mostly rational executives who try their best to be decent human beings
- An environment where fire drills are the exception, not the norm
- Competitive salaries for all roles. For salaried employees, we also cover 100% of your healthcare premium
- Flexible PTO for all full-time employees
- For more details on the culture we foster, visit: http://bit.ly/2F5zhPt
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-3 years experience of related purchasing or buying experience
- A desire to assist with minimizing cost of goods sold
- Experience purchasing ingredients, small machinery and packaging preferred.
- G Suite knowledge beneficial. Come with experience or an eagerness to learn.
Caliper Foods is committed to creating and celebrating a diverse work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and hire solely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.